Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The first post

Well, I've started a blog. This is probably going to be a terrible, terrible idea. I'll either spend all of my time on here, or I'll leave it to die in a matter of weeks, but we'll find out. I'm starting this blog because I don't have a full confidence in using Myspace for music postings. As I understand it, they have partial ownership of any music you post, and I don't want to play that game. So, instead, I'm going to try this: Two or three times a week, I'll post song lyrics up on the blog. This is outside of regular blogging, which will be infrequent and HIGHLY unrewarding to read, I promise. If you then want to hear the song, post a comment on the post with your e-mail, and I'll e-mail a demo of it to you. These will vary in quality from me, a guitar, and not much beyond an idea, to more finished stuff. Feel free, also, to leave comments and critiques. What you do and don't like. I need feedback desperately. Just, please, be constructive. If you think it sucks, that's fine, but why, so I know for the future why you think it sucks. I'm going to start high; the first posting will be "Trendbetter," which is by far the most complete demo I've done. So, thank you for stopping by, and I hope this system has some sort of merit to it in the long run.

No comments: