Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"Trendbetter"

The inaugural song will be my most recent song, "Trendbetter." As will always be the case, please let me know what you think. And if you want to hear it, leave me your e-mail. Thanks!

I've bought up every copy,
and destroyed all but one.
And when I go to sell it,
I'm gonna have some fun.
I don't care if you want to read it,
or want to give the record a spin.
Don't say this isn't art,
it's the art of cashing in.

I'm very good at predicting,
what will be in demand today.
And if I make a bad call,
I don't say.

I'm brilliant at amassing,
what people want with a passion.
And it's only to my credit,
that I'm so apathetic.
See, I'm strictly a man of business
and I stick to my ethics.
If someone really wants it,
than they'll pay more to get it.

I'm very good at predicting,
what will be in demand today.
And if I make a bad call,
I don't say.

I like to follow trends,
You'd be amazed at how much money's at the end.
So, if you are a true go-getter,
might I recommend working as a trendbetter?

I've bought up every poster,
for a movie coming next July.
I'll climb in the actor's window,
and then he's gonna die.
Yes, there's nothing like the fervor,
that comes with an unsolved murder,
and these'll sell out like hotcakes,
oh, all the money I'll make.

I'm very good at predicting,
what will be in demand today.
And if I make a bad call,
I don't say.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

rspierce@gmail.com

Katie said...

AWESOME SONG AJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i told you i'd post

Katie said...

hey aren't you worried about someone stealing this though? like its out there for anyone to see...